Sex and the Seven

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

What about your friends...

Each time I fall down into the black pit that seems to consume me whenever a man breaks my heart, they are there to rescue me from an eternal plummet. Every time I throw myself the biggest, most elaborate pity party, they are there to change the theme. Each time I can't get out of bed, refuse to change out of yesterday's sweats, and reject the prospect of one morsel passing my lips, they are there to force me into a pair of sevens and stilletos, speed dial my hairdresser, and have their mamas fry me some chicken.

I'm talking about my truest and dearest friends. Without these dynamic, remarkable, and I dare not forget, beautiful women, my life would be purposeless and void. These are the rocks that I can lean on whenever I am in need. Friends who don't judge me, (and believe me we have all done some things for which we have felt compelled to say "Don't judge me!"), who see me for who I really am, and who never tire (or at least they never complain) of hearing about my latest trouble. In my opinion, I think the secret is reciprocity, prayerfully these women know that I can, will, and do, do the same things for them. When it comes to these women I would do anything. No truer words have ever been spoken than when Snoop said "F*ck them other N***gas cuz I'm down for my N***gas." I mean these women have seen me at my worst, my most selfish, my most heartbroken, and my most insecure, and yet and still they find it in their collective hearts to love me and hold me up. Today, I post this as a small token of my affection and to say thank you for being there for me through thick and thin, as I will always be there for you.

(Ok so I know that this is a mushy post, so I'm sorry!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home